While the Counter-Strike 2 announcement in March was quite a revolution, it’s now been a few weeks and we don’t have the most important detail we need: the official release date.
Because even though CS2 is active with your beta officially, the truth is that the vast majority of players do not have access to the next version of the Counterone that marks a before and after.
All of these players who can’t play CS2 are actually playing Global Offensive, averaging over 1 million monthly players and one of the highest peaks ever: 1.8 million in May.
Nevertheless, Valve continues to update the game and confirm changes to CS2 two of the most historic maps from the Counter story: Viaduct and Vertigo, which are now available.
Counter-Strike 2 latest update patch notes
- Wingman game mode has been added to CS2
- is added about pass to game modes Deathmatch, Casual, Wingman and Competitive
- is added Fear of heights to game modes Death match and casual
- They have Removed Nuke and Office
- New options are enabled undo and redo in the menu
- Fixed numerous interface bugs
- Added ‘Secondary Fire Hold’ option to enter setup menu
- The halftime countdown timer is now visible
- Fixed a bug where the camera would not interpolate correctly when switching between chase and roaming spectator mode
- Fixed one animal in which the coat of arms of the viewing model would briefly disappear frame when switching targets in spectator mode
- Leading zeroes added in the modulus StatTrak
- Patterns and glove usage now more closely match CS:GO versions
- Added improvements to foil stickers
- Stickers on weapons have been adjusted
Source: Esports AS
I have over 10 years of experience in the news industry, working for various news websites. I am also an author at Esports Chimp, where I cover gaming news. I have a deep passion for video games and esports, and my goal is to provide accurate and up-to-date coverage of the gaming world.