The co-op horror The Outlast Trials tops the Steam sales chart for the second week in a row, with sales already exceeded 500 thousand copies. The Steam Deck portable PC is behind by one line, and the novelty came in third.
The most successful debut of the past week was shown by the retro shooter Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun from Auroch Digital and Focus Entertainment, which was released on May 23. Media reviews were mixed, but Steam users were delighted with the game: a rating based on 4.5 thousand reviews – 94%. Still, the online numbers remain modest: at the start, the number of simultaneous players reached 7561 and the peak in the last 24 hours was 3997.
Other notable chart changes for the week:
- the recent open “beta” (ending May 22) and the upcoming premiere (June 2) helped Street Fighter 6 move from 23rd to seventh place;
- another fighting game, Mortal Kombat 11, which returned to the map after a long absence thanks to a 90% discount, climbed from 11th to ninth position;
- The discounts also improved the rankings of the Total War: Warhammer III, Total War: Warhammer II, and Total War: Warhammer strategies (down 30%, 66%, and 75%, respectively, through the evening of June 1). The first is now the 11th, the second is the 30th, and the third is the 56th;
- moreover, against the background of a 20% discount, the tactical shooter Ready or Not rose from 66th to 13th place;
- thanks to deep discounts, the shooter DOOM Eternal (14th line), the RPG Solasta: Crown of the Magister (15th), which received the Palace of Ice expansion, returned to the card (70% discount on the main game is valid until the evening from June 1), and adventure action Horizon Zero Dawn (16);
- city-building simulator Cities: Skylines added ten positions after the release of the latest DLC – Hotel & Retreats mini-add-ons, three Content Creator packs and two radio stations (this is where active support for the game ends);
- the second-best new release (excluding the Destiny 2 season of the Depth Silver bundle at No. 27) was Railway Empire 2 from Gaming Minds Studios and Kalypso Media, which debuted at No. 37 to “mixed” reviews. over 359, the share positive – 64%) and a personal online record of 3104 users;
- the graphic novel Fetish Locator Week Three (41st), the tactical adventure Miasma Chronicles (45th), the role-playing game Above Snakes, where the user survives in the Wild West world they created (49th), the cooperative platformer Bread & Fred (52nd), social multiplayer game Town of Salem 2 (64th), and colorful adventure Planet of Lana (76th). The highest rated were Bread & Fred (90% based on 198 reviews) and Planet of Lana (93% based on 606 reviews).
Top 10 by sales for the period from May 23 to May 30 (in brackets – the position in the previous week, if the product was on the chart):
- The Outlast Trials (1);
- Steam Deck (3);
- Warhammer 40,000: Bolt gun
- Starship Troopers: Destruction (2);
- FIFA 23 (4);
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (5);
- Street Fighter 6 (23);
- NBA 2K23 (9);
- Mortal Kombat 11(11);
- Cities: Skylines (20).
Top 10 by revenue, including shareware games:
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Shareware);
- Lot 2 (shareware);
- The Outlast Trials;
- steam deck;
- PUBG: battlefields (shareware);
- Warhammer 40,000: Bolt gun
- Apex Legends (shareware);
- Starship Troopers: extermination;
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
Source : 3D News
I have over 10 years of experience in the news industry, working for some of the biggest names in the business. I’m now using my skills and knowledge to help run a successful news website called Esports Chimp.
I have a real passion for gaming and have been writing about it for many years. I’m lucky enough to be able to combine my two loves by writing about gaming news for our website. I hope to continue doing this for many years to come!